Okshin Vladimir Vasil'evich, Head of the Orenburg office of the Federal Antitrust Service (22 Krasnoznamennaya street, Orenburg, Russia); head of the base sub-department of antitrust regulation and organization of procurement, Orenburg
State University (13 Pobedy avenue, Orenburg, Russia), email@example.com
Savina Antonina Mecheslavovna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, base sub-department of antitrust regulation and organization of procuremen, Orenburg State University (13 Pobedy avenue, Orenburg, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The article discusses the theoretical and practical aspects of monitoring of the competitive business environment on the market of goods and services in Orenburg region. The relevance of the research problem due to the increased competition in regional markets, and a high degree of environment’ variability in conditions of increased competition, which has an impact on socio-economic development of the area. The purpose of the study is to explore the level of sociallyoriented
competition’s level in the regional market.
Materials and methods. A sociological survey is the main method used by authors in the study of the competition’s level. The proposals for the development of competition in the regional market were formulated on the basis of behavioral, structural and functional approaches to the study of competition. Based on the monitoring of the competitive business environment, the authors have identified the problematic segments of the regional market associated with the development of competition: the market of natural monopoly, the market of social services and market mining.
Results. The authors propose to use social indicators to measure the competitive environment in the region, the key of which will be the level of prices in the market of goods and services, the quality of goods and services, stable market supply of goods and services and the breadth of goods and services’ selection for consumers. Conclusions. Social indicators of competition assessment in regional markets for goods and services will allow us to assess the perception of the competitive environment by the population and to develop a socially-oriented competition policy.
1. Porter M. Konkurentsiya: [per. s angl.] [Competition: translation from english]. Moscow: Vil'yams, 2003, 496 p.
2. Porter M. Konkurentnoe preimushchestvo: kak dostich' vysokogo rezul'tata i obespechit' ego ustoychivost': [per. s angl.] [Сompetitive advantage: how to a chieve a high result and ensure its stability: translation from english]. Moscow: Al'pina Biznes Buks, 2005, 715 p.
3. Bol'shoy tolkovyy sotsiologicheskiy slovar' [The great explanatory sociological dictionary]. Available at: https://gufo.me/dict/social_dict
4. Konkurentosposobnost' regiona: novye tendentsii i vyzovy [Regional competitiveness: new trends and challenges]. Ed. by A. I. Tatarkin. Ekaterinburg: In-t ekonomiki UrO RAN, 2003, 360 p.
5. Radaev V. V. Ekonomicheskaya sotsiologiya [Economical sociology]. Moscow: Izd. dom GU VShE, 2005, 603 p.
6. Golotin I. S. Faktor territorial'noy konkurentsii v mnogopolyusnom makroregional'nom razvitii: usloviya, prioritety i mekhanizmy realizatsii (na materialakh Yuga Rossii): avtoref. dis. kand. ekon. nauk: 08.00.05 [The factor of territorial competitiveness in a multi-polar macro-regional development: conditions, priority and mechanism of development (by the materials of the Sounth of Russia): author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Rostov-on-Don, 2008, 24 p.
7. Standart razvitiya konkurentsii v sub"ektakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Razrabotchik – FAS Rossii [The standard of competition development in the subjects of the Russian Federation. Developer – FAS of the Russian Federation]. Available at: http://fas.gov.ru/ vazhnaya-informacziya/standart-razvitiya-konkurenczii
8. Ivashinenko N. N., Teodorovich M. L. Sotsiologicheskiy al'manakh [Sociological miscellany]. 2015, no. 6, pp. 428–435.
9. Sotsiologicheskiy slovar' IATs “SOCIUM” [Sociological dictionary IAC “SOCIUM”]. Available at: http://www.socium.info/dict.html
10. Kalinin N. V., Mokhotin A. M., Smaragdov I. A. Rynochnye kontsentratsiya i konkurentsiya [Market concentration and competition]. Tula: Shar, 2014, 76 p.
11. Kirtsner I. M. Konkurentsiya i predprinimatel'stvo = Competition and Entrepreneurship: [per. s angl.] [Competition and Enterpreneurship: translation from english]. Moscow: Yuniti, 2001, 239 p.
12. Mal'tseva O. V. Journal of economic regulation = Voprosy regulirovaniya ekonomiki [Journal of economic regulation = Problems of economic regulations ]. 2014, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 69–76.
13. Teodorovich M. L., Ivashinenko N. N. Vestnik NNGU im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. Ser.: Sotsial'nye nauki [Bulletin of NNSU named after N. I. Lobachevsky. Series: Sociological sciences]. 2012, no. 1 (25), pp. 33–43.